Workforce Santa Cruz County (WFSCC) is a partnership of local organizations that serve job seekers and businesses in the community.
Our network of 3 (three) conveniently located Career Centers and CalJOBS offer an array of no cost services for businesses, employees, and job seekers. Workforce Santa Cruz County is overseen by the County of Santa Cruz Workforce Development Board (Santa Cruz WDB).
Services for Business
- On-the-Job Training reimbursement of up to 3-6 months of trainee's salary to place job seekers in permanent, full-time employment.
- Applicant Recruitment and Screening to help your business fill its open jobs.
- Employee Retention Services is a confidential service through the Small Business Development Center to assist business to keep doors open and retain employees.
- Training Existing Staff funds to cover the costs to train existing employees.
- Referrals to partner services.
- Additional recruitment and retention services are available at CalJOBS.
Services for Job Seekers
- Career Counseling to help you secure your next job;
- Online job postings;
- Occupational training in high demand occupations with projected job growth;
- On-the-Job training;
- Online training;
- Self-service computers for job search;
- Job search workshops;
- Access to EDD Unemployment Insurance phone lines.