How do I apply?

You may apply online for Refugee Cash Assistance by setting up a BenefitsCal Account and then apply through BenefitsCalOnce received, your application will be assigned to one of our Benefit Representatives.
You can also apply for benefits by mail or by visiting one of our Human Services Department Application Centers at:
  • 1020 Emeline Avenue in Santa Cruz, and
  • 500 Westridge Drive in Watsonville.
If you are unable to apply in person, call (888) 421-8080 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) and an application packet will be mailed to you.