CalWORKs Employment Services

Am I eligible?

You must qualify for CalWORKs and have the legal right to work in order to receive CalWORKs Employment Services (CWES). If you are exempt from CWES, you can still choose to participate voluntarily.

An easy way to find if you are eligible for CalWORKs (including CalFresh and Medi-Cal) is to visit the CalWORKs Detail page of the BenefitsCal website. After reading, scroll to the bottom and click the "SEE IF YOU QUALIFY" button.

The only way to know for sure if you are eligible for the CalWORKs program is to apply. To do so online, set up a BenefitsCal Account and then apply through BenefitsCal

Other Benefits

If you qualify for CalWORKs Cash Aid, you automatically receive CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps) for you and your children.

You also qualify for Medi-Cal Health Benefits. The insurance plan is administered by the Central California Alliance for Health, which also administers the Healthy Kids insurance program.