About the WDB Board of Directors
Comprised of local business leaders, educational leaders, elected officials, and community based organization leaders, the Santa Cruz County Workforce Development Board of Directors (WDB) oversees the services of Workforce Santa Cruz County. The WDB is dedicated to help Santa Cruz jobseekers access the tools they need to manage their careers and to help local employers find the skilled workers they need to compete and succeed.
The WDB is responsible for providing oversight and policy direction for the utilization of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds in Santa Cruz County. The WDB is a majority business-led body, appointed by the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors. The WDB, whose composition is defined by the WIOA, includes 25 individuals representing business, one-stop partners, community-based organizations, local educational entities, economic development agencies, and labor.
Meet the Board of Directors
- Alan Aman - Chief Operating Officer, Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Alia Ayyad - Director, Center for Employment Training
- Andy Hartmann - Business Manager/Financial Secretary, IBEW Union, Local 234
- Andy Van Valer - Owner, SlingShot SV
- Barbara Mason - Economic Development Coordinator, County of Santa Cruz
- Carol Siegel, WDB Chair - Employment Manager, Santa Cruz Seaside Company
- Christina Cuevas - Program Director, Community Foundation of Santa Cruz
- Dave Hood - President, First Alarm
- Diane Berry-Wahrer - Rehabilitation Supervisor, Department of Rehabilitation
- Elyse Destout - Owner, Photography by Elyse Destout
- Francisco Rodriguez - President, PVFT Union, Local 1936
- Glen Schaller - Political Coordinator, Monterey Bay Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Jack Carroll - Chair, Career and Technical Education, Watsonville/Aptos Adult Education
- James Dion - Employment Program Manager, Employment Development Department
- Julie Lambert - Director of Finance and Human Resources, S. Martinelli and Company
- Mark Hodges - Director, County Office of Education Regional Occupational Program
- MariaElena De La Garza - Executive Director, Community Action Board
- Marshall Delk - Vice President, Santa Cruz County Bank
- Rob Morse, WDB Vice Chair - Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Ron Slack - Owner, Fine Print Graphic Design
- Sean Hebard - Field Representative, Carpenters Local 505
- William Tysseling - Executive Director, Santa Cruz Area Chamber of Commerce
Become a Board Member
The Workforce Development Board of Santa Cruz County invites you to join other business and community leaders in an exciting opportunity for leadership and vision as we move into the new millennium.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act calls for communities to create dynamic Workforce Development Boards that will develop broad workforce development policies to meet the needs of local employers and the community in a new global economy. As a Workforce Development Board member, you will lead efforts to help our community develop a qualified workforce in Santa Cruz County.
In the Board's view, providing quality services to employers and individual customers is critical to the success and vitality of our local economy. Our mission is “Building economic prosperity through workforce development."
The Workforce Development Board Chair thanks you in advance for your interest in the Workforce Development Board. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted to discuss the activities of the Board and membership further.
Your participation will make this effort a success. In the meantime, if you would like more information, please contact the Workforce Development Board.
Carol Siegel, WDB Chair