The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority was established by state law and local ordinance in 2001 by the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors. The IHSS Public Authority is responsible for specific tasks to help eligible recipients and care providers of In-Home Supportive Services in our county.
What Does the IHSS Public Authority Do?
- Manages enrollment of IHSS providers.
- Provides and maintains a registry of IHSS home care providers.
- Provides information about available training.
- Assists both recipient and providers to problem solve.
- Acts as employer of record for all IHSS providers for collective bargaining purposes (for wages and benefits).
- Provides gloves and masks (during the flu season) to IHSS Providers.