What is IHSS Fiscal?
IHSS Fiscal staff are responsible for many functions which include: Issuing new replacement time sheets, reviewing timesheets with errors, canceling lost or stolen checks and responding to employment verification forms.
For counties other than Santa Cruz, please go to http://www.cdss.ca.gov/agedblinddisabled/pg1785.htm to contact your county.
How do I contact IHSS Fiscal and what information will they need to solve my problem?
Use the automated confidential phone line (831) 454-7315.
Always leave a message with:
- Your name as it appears on your IHSS timesheet.
- Your provider number, found on the top of you timesheet, of your social security number.
- The date of the pay period you have a question about.
- An explanation of your problem so that it can be promptly researched or resolved.
- A phone number where you can be reached if more information is needed.
Due to the volume of calls, IHSS Fiscal will give priority to solving your problem and may not return your call if your request can be addressed without having a conversation with you.
You can expect a return call within two business days if:
- Your pay has not been received within 10 working days since your timesheet was received at Chico.
- More information is needed to research your question or problem.
- Your question has been researched and there is information to report to you.
- Your payment has been delayed.
Reasons that your call might not be returned:
- You have requested a form - the form will be mailed with two business days.
- You have requested a replacement timesheet - timesheets will be mailed to you on the next business day.
What is the hourly wage for IHSS providers?
In Santa Cruz County IHSS providers earn $11.90 per hour.
Are there any tax deductions?
Fiscal packet information will include tax forms. The payroll system does not deduct taxes for family members (spouses or parents), however family member providers may request taxes be deducted on the W-4 form.
How long will it take to receive my paycheck?
Timesheets completed without errors, signed and dated by both the provider and recipient, and mailed to the timesheet processing center in Chico, CA should be paid within 10 working days from the date it is received in Chico. This does not include weekends and holidays.
How do I contact other county's IHSS offices?
Please use the following link for information on how to contact other counties' IHSS offices: California In-Home Supportive Services Offices.