The IHSS Public Authority Advisory Commission is a volunteer advisory board which meets every even month to make IHSS program recommendations to the Board of Supervisors. Meetings are open to the public.
The commission consists of current and former users of personal assistance services, providers, and persons from existing County advisory bodies.
The duties of the Commission (as defined by Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors’ Ordinance #4655 adding Chapter 2.124 of the Santa Cruz County Code entitled “The In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Commission of the County of Santa Cruz”) are to:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors, as the governing board of the IHSS Public Authority, and any administrative body in the County related to the delivery and administration of the IHSS.
- Review policies related to the delivery of In-Home Supportive Services and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding any proposed changes.
- Review pending state and federal legislation that may impact the IHSS program, consumers, and/or providers and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding any proposed changes.
- Stay informed and educated on In-Home Supportive Services and Public Authority issues.
- Provide a forum for consumers and providers of personal assistance services, advocates and other interested parties to participate in IHSS policy and program development.
Become A Commissioner: Visit the County of Santa Cruz Commissions, Committees, & Advisory Bodies Website.
Advisory Commission Members
- Becky Taylor, Consumer
- Foster Andersen, Consumer
- Michael Molesky, Chair, Consumer
- Sylvia Luna Figueroa, Consumer
- Maria Arreola, Vice-Chair, Provider
- Patricia Howes, Provider
- Ernestina Saldana, Commission on Disabilities
- Charles Levine, Seniors Commission Rep
- Vacant, Consumer
- Vacant, Consumer
- Vacant, Representative of a Commission or Staff