California businesses pay one-tenth of 1% of taxable wages to the State Employment Training Tax of which a portion funds the Employment Training Panel (ETP) to provide employee training cost reimbursement to state businesses. Workforce Santa Cruz County wants to bring money from ETP to your business.
ETP can repay your business either:
- $21 per trainee per hour of training, if your business has less than 100 employees or
- $14 per trainee per hour if you have more than 100 employees.
Requirements for Employment Training Panel Funds to train your existing employees:
- Only the company’s full time employees qualify for reimbursement.
- Only the company’s W2 employees qualify (no 1099 employees or temps).
- The company is reimbursed for employees that earn at least $16.25 per hour including wages and health benefits.
- Minimum 10 employees at one company need to be trained.
- Each employee trained must complete at least 24 hours of training, usually within a six month period. Maximimum reimbursable hours per employee: 240.
- If the company has fewer than 100 employees, the reimbursement is $21.13 per employee per hour of training. If the company has 100 or more employees, the reimbursement is rate is $14.63.
- The company reimbursement is calculated 90 days after training is complete. The calculation is based on the number of employees retained who completed the training and the number of hours of training they completed.
You decide what training you want, who provides the training, which staff to train, and when/where to have training. Your business. Your decision.
Contact a Business Services Representative
Contact your local Business Services Representative, Sharolynn Ullestad, at (831) 600-0263, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org