Workforce Santa Cruz County (WFSCC) is a partnership of local organizations that serve job seekers and businesses in the community and offers four (4) conveniently located Career Centers plus the online Virtual Career Center..
WFSCC's network of Career Centers offer an array of no cost services for businesses, employees, and job seekers. Workforce Santa Cruz County is overseen by the Workforce Investment Board of Santa Cruz County.
Services for Business
- On-the-Job Training: Up to 3-6 month reimbursement of trainee’s salary to place job seekers in permanent, full-time employment.
- Applicant Recruitment & Screening to help your business fill its open jobs.
- Employee Retention Services: A confidential service through the Small Business Development Center to assist business to keep doors open and retain employees.
- Training Existing Staff funds to cover the costs to train existing employees.
- Referrals to partner services.
- Additional recruitment & retention services are available at the Online Virtual Career Center
Services for Job Seekers
(Some may require eligibility for a specific organization and/or program.)
- Career Counseling to help you secure your next job;
- Online job postings;
- Occupational training in high demand occupations with projected job growth;
- On-the-Job training;
- Online training;
- Labor market information;
- Self-service computers for job search;
- Job search workshops;
- Access to EDD Unemployment Insurance phone lines.