The following Disclaimer applies to the use of that site:
The purpose of the County of Santa Cruz Human Services Department’s (HSD) participation in social media is to enhance communication, collaboration, information exchange, program participation and transparency, streamline processes and foster productivity. HSD endorses the secure use of social media to enhance and support county program goals and objectives.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by HSD of any followers’ posts, links, or photos, and HSD is not responsible for user or other third-party content. HSD’s social media sites are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and Santa Cruz County on the listed topics. Any comments submitted to HSD social media sites are public records subject to disclosure pursuant to CA Government Code § 6250 et seq.
Comments are important to us and others who read these pages. As our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds, this disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages, courteous and respectful of others, and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, and/or operations relevant to HSD.
The County of Santa Cruz reserves the right to delete postings that are inconsistent with the policies in this disclaimer, including, but not limited to comments that contain the following:
- Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Malicious or offensive comments based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications.
- Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- Attempts to defame or defraud any individual(s) or organizations.
- Posts or comments in support of or in opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content.
- Proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner.
- Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery not owned by the user.
- Comments on matters unrelated to activities of the County of Santa Cruz, County boards, committees or programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility and representation.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or public systems.
- Information that violates a local, state, or national law or suggests or encourages illegal activity.
Users participate at their own risk, and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided. HSD reserves the right to block users and/or delete comments that are inconsistent with this disclaimer.