You will receive lots of support!
- We help you prepare your home to be adoption-ready.
- We offer free access to counseling and support groups during every step of the adoption process and beyond.
- A child adopted through the county qualifies for full medical and dental insurance coverage to age 18.
- Families who adopt children through the foster care system will receive monthly financial support until the child turns 18.
You won't face the challenges and expenses often tied to private adoptions.
- There are no significant costs or fees involved in adopting through Santa Cruz County. Our application process involves expenses that will generally total to less than $100. In some instances, these expenses can be reimbursed to you later. Private adoptions involve costs that can quickly mount up to tens of thousands of dollars.
- We won’t be sending you on a plane to some far-away place to retrieve your child. County adoptions involve local children who need a loving family right here in this community.
- Depending on the age of the child you hope to adopt, your family may be linked to a child in a just a few months from the time you apply.
The #1 reason to adopt through us:
We have children of all ages who need the support of a loving, permanent home right now!