"Give a child roots to grow and wings to fly"
Roots and Wings is a new program funded through a grant by the Children's Bureau of the Federal Health and Human Services Department. The Roots and Wings initiative allows us to do the “business” of foster care differently by working collaboratively with individuals, families, organizations, businesses, and neighborhood groups who care about children in foster care.
Read the Roots and Wings Brochure
Designed to support Foster Families who need assistance with:
- One-on-one emotional and parenting support.
- Finding a tutor or volunteer to help your foster child.
- Finding low cost activities or entertainment for your foster child.
- Finding clothing or furniture for your foster child.
- Connecting to Community Resources, such as Parenting Classes.
- Positive Parenting strategies.
The goals of the initiative are to support:
- Santa Cruz county children in foster care to stay rooted in their communities, neighborhoods and schools.
- Parents, foster parents, and relative caregivers to form supportive relationships and work together to help children thrive.
- Families and communities to provide lifelong connections for all children in foster care, no matter what age.