Basic eligibility factors include:
- Be aged, blind, or disabled and must have a disability that will last one year or longer
- Be over the age of 65 years
- Disabled children are also eligible for IHSS
- You must meet United States residency requirements (U.S. Citizen, Qualified Alien, Prucol Alien)
- You must be a Santa Cruz County resident
- You must live at home or an abode of your own choosing* and
- Meet low income financial eligibility requirements; have income eligible status based on Medi-Cal eligibility with a possible share-of-cost or
- You are a current recipient of Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP) or
- You meet all the eligibility criteria for SSI/SSP except that your income is in excess of the SSI/SSP income levels or
- You meet all the eligibility criteria for SSI/SSP, including income, but do not receive SSI/SSP or
- You are a Medi-Cal recipient who meets SSI/SSP disability criteria and
- You can remain safely at home with in home care services
- You have functional limitations that prevent you from caring for yourself
- Must have an IHSS Program Health Care Certification Form SOC873 completed by a licensed health care professional.
Note: Acute care hospital, long-term care facilities, and licensed community care facilities are not considered "own home"